SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

BISEAN INVADES KATHMANDU | กาฐมาณฑุ

From today to the 30th, BISEAN would be blogging from Kathmandu – 4,500 ft above sea level. Uhm…I didn’t know why I mentioned that “above sea level” thingy… but just so you know when our blog posts go a little mental...there's the culprit. LOL

We wanted to visit Nepal as a new Republic. Because the last time I was here, it was still a Kingdom. The Communists officially took over a few weeks ago – ending the 240-year-old monarchy *sobs*

We took the first flight of Thai Airways at 10:40 this morning and arrived at Tribhuvan Airport around 12:30pm. Thai Airways fly twice daily to Kathmandu.

This city is magical and pleasingly enchanting – just the mention of its name is enchanting enough that a true-blooded traveller would come here at least once a year.

Kathmandu is a world travel icon – no arguing about that. Only the most adventurous, the most cultured, the bravest would come here. Teeming with culture, unpretentious lifestyle and beautiful people -- Not everybody would have the chance to come to Nepal.

As any of our non-SE Asian destinations…the same problem roves above our heads – how can we make this trip connected to our blog’s main topic? *sigh*

We’ll try our best. Watch out for updates.

****


*To mom and dad: Stop the lecture about me coming to Nepal. This is my nth time and I know a lot of people here, so stop worrying about my trips. I love you both – but I don’t miss you yet. *kidding*

9 Comments:

Jake said...

Just behave and be a little bit more careful guys. I'm sure you'll have fun. :)

Jake said...

...and oh, by the way, what a witty way to entice people to come to Nepal..."only the most cultured and beautiful people"...so funny! LOL!

Jerick said...

its true. not everybody can go visit nepal. like me, i still haven't.

Anonymous said...

kathmandu! awesome!

Anonymous said...

One less kingdom in the world.

Anonymous said...

HEY! I THOUGHT YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY HERE TO BSB?

Anonymous said...

This seals the deal. You guys are truly jetsetters. Only those who've lready seen the world would go to places like Nepal.

Let me guess, you'll continue to Thimpu?

Anonymous said...

Wohoooo Nepal. The barter trade is still very active there. It would be great. Enjoy yourselves

Anonymous said...

안녕하세요!I LOVE YOUR BLOG... 'BEEN READING FOR A WEEK NOW...

Related Posts with Thumbnails