SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Friday, August 31, 2007

EVERYWHERE I LOOK, I SEE MALAYSIA
ประเทศมาเลเซีย สันต์วันเกิดนะครับ







Our neighbor Malaysia is celebrating their 50th Year of Independence from the British monarch. Half a century of glorious nationhood and I shout with my Malaysian brothers "MERDEKA!"

From Nasi Lemak, my favorite food to The Petronas, my favorite architectural wonder. From Teh tarik, my favorite after-clubbing drink to the beaches of Perhentian, Langkawi and Redang -- my favorite beaches! Thank you for sharing it with us.

I gotta admit...I'm a little jealous that the best of Asia is in one country --Malaya, China, India -- you guys showed us that a multi-cultural, multi-racial and multi-belief society is possible.

From Vietnam to the Philippines, from Indonesia to Burma, from Brunei to Cambodia and Laos, from your neighbors to the South; Singapore to your loving neighbors to the north; THAILAND...our hats are off to you.


Malaysia is a special place on Earth.




****


Subscribe to BISEAN

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the sweet post.

It warms my heart to see that other people who are non-Malaysians rejoice with us together on our 50 years of independence! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Malaysia!

Anonymous said...

Malaysia came a long way. Congratulations! Happy birthday from Italy.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Malaysia form Cambodia.

Anonymous said...

Independencia por Malasia! Enhorabuena.

Anonymous said...

Malaysia Boleh! This greeting from Germany!

Anonymous said...

Juankydanza greeting to malaysian people. thank you to bisean for this news.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is cool! I love Malaysia especially Langkawi.

Anonymous said...

Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka! I keep watching that video on one website. Gives me the goosebumps when they yell Merdeka for the first time! Cooooooolllll!

Anonymous said...

I love how they keep progressing despite the threat of disunification. They are doing a good job keeping 3 races live together. Malaysia boleh! Really. I salute you all!

Sanne Dee said...

MERDEKA! Happy Independence day, Malaysia! Thanks for the fantastic diving spots and nearest holiday destinations where my country cannot offer. :)

conan_cat said...

ooo, thanks for the grats to malaysia :D haha... well malaysia is not all that great but i must say that i really love our nasi lemaks and teh tariks, they're all good :P

aries said...

i love their their tourism slogan!!!

malaysia: truly asia

mwaahh

Ahmed said...

Thank you for celebrating with us. :-) You sound more Malaysian than most of us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails